Age Verification
This website contains age-restricted material including nudity and explicit content. By entering, you confirm being at least 18 years old or the age of majority in the jurisdiction you are accessing the website from.
I am 18+ or older - Enter
I am under 18 - Exit
Our parental controls page explains how you can easily block access to this site.
Rex
TEAM
Joined in Sep 2007

365 post(s)
July 23, 2015
We had to change the organisation of the production for DB a while ago because we were loosing money on DB cards.

When filming solo, we're flying one girl to Paris, pay for one taxi back and forth, two nights at the gotel, two lunchs and diner plus the girl's fee and two studio days to produce 6 cards.

When filming duo, we're flying four girls to Paris, pay for two taxi back and forth, four nights at the hotel, four lunchs and diner plus four girls fees and three studio days to produce 9 cards.

The cost of production of duo cards is over twice as much as solo cards but we were selling them for the same price and (forunknown reasons) we sell less of them.

One option was to double the prices on duos, the other one we chose so far was to keep it to solos, which we did so far.

I'm interested in knowing your opinion about it.

Would you twice as much for duos cards in DeskBabes?

252 votes

Yes
55%
No
45%
601bes
Joined in Dec 2009

30 post(s)
July 23, 2015
Yes, but duos would become a 'luxury' purchase, not something I'd buy for every girl. But for the ones I really like, yes I would.
sxmn
Joined in May 2013

23 post(s)
July 23, 2015
i'll copy what i wrote in another post

concerning duo's
i really feel the older ones hit the jackpot even if there r lower res..
but now
if its double price and NOT done right no1 will buy them,
if they're double price and done right a few will buy
if its normal price and done right they'll sell like hot cakes

as i c it the only chance is u get is the third and if not and as u say u r loosing money then u may close DB all together then
http://www.virtuagirl.com/forumPost.php?foId=25&ftId=13247&gotolastpage=1#post476778
Everything about iStripper / incoming cards (spoiler Alert)
New Cards this week
double pricing and low demand is hard, bring back the spice beautiful girls-actress make them stand up clips as before not just flat down thats not going to work more caressing and stripping n perfect the sound then u'll have ur winner
MisterWhite
Joined in Jun 2014

36 post(s)
July 23, 2015
I would absolutely pay double for duos, on the condition they were good combinations.
Any combination of the following girls would be instant purchases; especially with the understanding buying these cards would lead to future cards of a similar matching:
  • Tracy Smile
  • Lucy Li
  • Merry Pie
  • Paula Shy
  • Sharon Lee
  • Kiara Lord
  • Viola

My dream matchup would be Lucy Li-Viola cards. Hell, I would pay 2.5x the price for that.

On the subject of multiple solo only DB cards, I find it redundant. The influx of a bunch of Tracy Smile's cards in a short period, made me loose interest after about two cards. Her cards are great,don't get me wrong, especially that anal was brought back. However, I don't see a reason I would want 6 solo cards of the same girl, in such a short period. VG is geared towards different outfits and such, so having 6 cards of the same girl fine. With DB, we get a couple of different dildos(flesh colored, pink, red vibrator, purple), and on occasion oil/lotion. Duos and variety are the IT factors of deskbabes.

If duos are done, please do it in such away that leads towards variety. I would rather see girls do these combinations:
  • 2 VG cards, 1 DB card
  • 4/5 VG cards, 1/2 DB cards

than any combination that sees uses 3 or more DB cards.

Sorry for the wall of text. I hope this post doesn't come off as ungrateful. It's just I am a much bigger fan of Deskbabes than Virtuagirl. For me, Virtuagirl was the brand that grabed my attention, and Deskbabes was what kept me from leaving.

91hebasu
Joined in Jan 2008

1146 post(s)
July 23, 2015
Personally, I prefer the solo cards. I didn't really like only having one DB solo from each girl and having so many duos that I didn't particularly care for.

I've mentioned quite a bit in the past that I would like more DB solo cards from each girl. Right now, for me, it's perfect the way it is. I Love It !!!

I realize that some others like the duos a lot more than I ever have......or will. I understand it and will never beat a person down for it. Just not really my thing is all. Seems to me that duos are two girls pretty much having their attention on each other and a camera just happens to be near by........to catch it all on film.

I like how the girls focus their attention on the viewer in the solo shows, for the most part. Instead of completely ignoring us and being focused on another girl.
Ricky78
Joined in Apr 2010

275 post(s)
July 24, 2015 (edited)
I agree with 91hebasu in everything he said.

I preffer solo DB cards from the same reason said by 91hebasu.

In solo DB cards,the girl is focused on the camera ( She has a good eye contact with the camera).
I like everytime a girl to look in the camera while she perform.

In DB duo cards,the girls are focused each other and sometimes they ignore the camera.This thing I don`t like it.
From the most recent girls, the most I like Tracy Smile (VG and DB cards).Except the fact that she`s looking amazing and ,she has beautiful breasts, she has a good eye contact with the camera all the time. I love it when a girl is looking straight into the cam .

Well, @Rex in case of me if you thinking to double the price for the duos DB cards,you can be sure I won`t buy them.
I understand all expenses that cost you for duos DB cards,but anyway you should think too how many duos DB cards you`ll sell if you double the price( if it`s worth it to invest).
A higher investments for produce duos DB cards need more sales to cover the costs.
I support you in everything you`ll do, but don`t count on me to buy duos DB cards if you`ll double the price for duos,LOL.

If you think it`s too high risk to produce duos DB cards (the costs will not cover the sales), I suggest you to continue to produce solo DB cards and not because necessary I preffer solo DB cards:). It will be good for your buisness.A Smaller risk it`s all the time much better than a higher risk,lol.

The big question is how many people will buy duos DB cards if you`ll double the price for duos.
Bad4Good
Joined in Jan 2012

74 post(s)
July 24, 2015
I enjoy duos if both girls appeal to me and they have good chemistry, but obviously requiring both those factors reduces the probability that I would purchase any given card. I admit that some in my collection have been purchased primarily because I am keen enough on one of the girls to put up with the other, especially if the one I like takes the lead.

Having a duo does increase the options for the show of course with the girls being able to undress, kiss and touch each other. Solo shows need to be far more inventive than they have been recently as they have all started to look very similar. I definitely second the requests made that there are more clips of the girls standing and undressing, in solo or duos - watching them sitting on the task bar for most of the time is limiting and getting tedious.

As to charging more for duo cards? No, I'm not in favour of that. It should be possible with a bit of organisation to have one girl in the studio for two days filming her six solo cards, a third studio day overlaps with bringing a new girl in to film a couple of duo cards with the first girl who then finishes her assignment, leaving the new girl to do six cards over the next two days. By my reckoning that's fourteen cards for a week of full studio utilisation, five taxi journey's back and forth, two rooms for one night and only one for three (or four if the last model isn't flying out until the next day), ten lunches and dinners, and six daily fees. I'm sure that is financially viable enough to continue producing and selling duo cards at the same price.

The downside of this is that there are two duos with the same pair of models in any one week where the girls will do a duo, but that looks like what happened with cards 43 and 44 (Viola and Merry Pie) and I should think they sold quite well. I know I bought them both. Seems there was also an overlap with Lola Reve as she had cards with both of those two, but then those wouldn't have appealed to me. I'm willing to bet they sold well too as Lola Reve has many fans.

Yes it is harder to organise and will mean fewer duo cards, but that's what we are getting now anyway so that needn't be a consideration.

Above all, the thing that will increase sales is a return to the better sound quality of the old cards, and more varied routines in both solo and duo cards. This means ditching props and vibrators you've used a dozen times already and giving the girls more novel things to do. We haven't seen anything as imaginative as Fucker-Bear for a long time.

Also, if you are going to do a fetish, BDSM or similar theme show, please do get girls who are into that as it is laughable to see someone try to be dominant or submissive who plainly hasn't got a clue. Those are instant 'no purchase' decisions for me, no matter how gorgeous the girls are. An example of this is Amarna Miller & Candy Belle. I bought all of Amarna's cards except this one. There was one comment on teh card that Amarna didn't know how to play sub but in the demo clip I saw neither could Candy Belle be called a convincing dom. She tried sounding stern but at one point when she commanded Amarna to suck either her fingers or her toes (I forget which) and Amarna either didn't hear or deliberately disobeyed in order to be chastised Candy totally ignored it and said nothing. Hopeless!

The positive thing Totem can take from all of this is that it is entirely possible. They've done it in the past and maybe someone needs to sit the artisitic team down and review some of the older shows and say 'how can we attain that standard with the advantage of the new video production gear we use now?'.
Ricky78
Joined in Apr 2010

275 post(s)
July 24, 2015 (edited)
I agree with 91hebasu in everything he said.

I preffer solo DB cards from the same reason said by 91hebasu.

In solo DB cards,the girl is focused on the camera ( She has a good eye contact with the camera).
I like everytime a girl to look in the camera while she perform.

In DB duo cards,the girls are focused each other and sometimes they ignore the camera.This thing I don`t like it.
From the most recent girls, the most I like Tracy Smile (VG and DB cards).Except the fact that she`s looking amazing and ,she has beautiful breasts, she has a good eye contact with the camera all the time. I love it when a girl is looking straight into the cam .

Well, @Rex in case of me if you thinking to double the price for the duos DB cards,you can be sure I won`t buy them.
I understand all expenses that cost you for duos DB cards,but anyway you should think too how many duos DB cards you`ll sell if you double the price( if it`s worth it to invest).
A higher investments for produce duos DB cards need more sales to cover the costs.
I support you in everything you`ll do, but don`t count on me to buy duos DB cards if you`ll double the price for duos,LOL.

If you think it`s too high risk to produce duos DB cards (the costs will not cover the sales), I suggest you to continue to produce solo DB cards and not because necessary I preffer solo DB cards:). It will be good for your buisness.A Smaller risk it`s all the time much better than a higher risk,lol.

The big question is how many people will buy duos DB cards if you`ll double the price for duos.

P.S.

Regarding DB cards I would like to see again stand -up clips and not just the girl lay down on the floor allready undressed(naked from the first time).This at one time it will come at saturation.It is allready the same thing all the time (the same style all the time - the girl lay down from the first time naked).
If I will not see soon any change regarding this,I will stop buying any DB cards.(sorry)

I have my limits and I get tired to see all the time same style at DB.(sex on your desktop, because it seems it`s only sex,not teasing first time with dressed on ,not standing clips,`ONLY SEX all the time(dildos,rubbing pussies,fingers inside,etc)

I liked very much the last DB card of Tracy Smile. From the first time from long time I saw more teasing clips with dressed on at Tracy(sometimes showing us only one breast - it was very exciting). I liked very much that thing ( much more tease from Tracy Smile)

I tried to edit one more time,but no success.
Sorry for the double post
Bad4Good
Joined in Jan 2012

74 post(s)
July 24, 2015
Additional - Just noticed Rex stating in another thread about incoming cards that girls are overlapped for solo and duo cards, so I don't really understand what the cost issue is. Especially as his comments in that thread seemed to indicate a more efficient cost to card ratio than at the head of this thread, but it is late and I'm not keen to do a full cost analysis of the two statements.

I agree with Ricky78 that recent girls like Tracy Smile are absolutely stunning, and I've bought them all. But I still maintain that when you watch all the shows, apart from the outfit and some subtle variations the routines are all very similar and focussed on sitting or kneeling on the task bar.

Bottom line - create good solos and duos and you'll sell plenty of them.

dar2112v
Joined in Dec 2007

447 post(s)
July 24, 2015
I should have noticed this thread before I incorrectly posted to the other thread -

The Duo cards are tough for me .. If I'm not at least a little attracted to BOTH girls in the clip I will probably pass. And I own serveral cards that I would have passed on at double the price becuase I bought it for one girl and was OK with the other. But there are more than a few I would have happily paid the double credits for.

I would probably be inclined if the bonus video or photo content was more appealing and accessible to me but I haven't looked at the videos in years. And use the photo only when trying to decide whether or not to purchase.
EffortlessFury
Joined in Jul 2014

19 post(s)
July 24, 2015 (edited)
My two cents on the duo situation:

I personally love the duo cards and very much enjoy watching them. I'm finding lately that the solo cards are, whilst different in outfit, often very similar in routine (for example, i ran both of Sharon Lee's cards side by side last night, and there was one point where I thought the program had bugged and I was watching exactly the same scene ... through a mirror). In this way I agree with MisterWhite above: while Tracy Smile's cards are fantastic, 5/6 solo db cards seems ... extravagant to say the least.

In terms of paying twice as much for a duo card... I'm not so sure. I feel I'd be willing to pay more for a duo card, than for a solo card, however I don't know that twice as much is appropriate. Admittedly, I'm watching two models instead of one. But the cards length isn't doubled, nor is the content hugely varied in some cases.

Personally, i'd be inclined to pay maybe 1.5x the solo card price for a duo card, and maybe 2x the price, IF and only if, the duo card was spectacular. Flawless audio/video quality, no static, good camera work, and an enjoyable and involving show from the models (as well as simple aesthetics like correct content tags). Basically, i'd want some form of assurance that I'm getting 2x the price worth, outside of the fact that there are two models in the card instead of one. Obviously this idea isn't ideal, as deciding if a card is worth one price or another based on quality is difficult and poses problems of its own.

Just my thoughts.

Edit: for this reason I've voted 'NO' in your poll, however it's more of a maybe. Card dependent really.
capella
Joined in Oct 2007

100 post(s)
July 24, 2015 (edited)
Pour moi pas question pour payer plus cher une carte Duo !! (de plus les cartes duo pour l'instant sont pas atractives, trop soft et faites un meilleur choix des filles)

A quand une vrai opération summer (c-à-d, pour tous le membres (meme triple diamand) sur les cartes Deskbabes ? (Je pourrais ainsi compléter ma collection à un prix plus doux) pour moi une cartes à 1,65 c'est trop cher

J'ai 1954 cartes

MisterWhite
Joined in Jun 2014

36 post(s)
July 24, 2015 (edited)
\In light of points made by others, I am somewhat convinced by the argument against doubling the prices. If it was a duo with girls, that I did not care about, then I would be doubly less likely to buy the card. I think it is a catch 22; damned if you do, damned if you don’t for pricing. If there was a Lucy Li-Viola card, I would pay x1.5-2.5 the price. If the duo was (no disrespect), Eileen –Aurelly Rebel, you could guarantee I would not buy the card, and especially never at double the price. Everyone has different tastes, so some girls I would love in a duo, others would *****. I agree with EffortlessFury http://www.virtuagirl.com/userProfile.php?usLogin=v22820417.My only point would be that totem do duo cards that are a guaranteed success.

I still think Deskbabes needs more variety, especially if it is going to go solo only approach. It would not be the end of the world for me, just very disappointing if there were no more duos. I understand if costs make duos no longer viable, but I would not be happy if the solo cards mostly maintained their current trend. I’m with Bad4Good, lets have more bear fucker cards.I ask all of you, what would really be the difference between Deskbabes, and Virtuagirl, if duos are eliminated and solo cards remain the same? I would say that The Red Fox’s and Paula Shy’s VG cards are more erotic and explicit in a meaningful way than a lot of girls’ Deskbabes performances.

Another great point, is fixing audio. With all the American girls now, that speak English, having audio done right is an absolute game changer (for English speakers). I don’t fully stand by my original post, but there are a lot of ways Deskbabes could improve. The total loss of duos could be offset in a meaningful way, for example: more variety in fetishes, in routines, standing positions vs sitting, better sound, etc.
The3LeggedMan
Joined in Feb 2010

369 post(s)
July 24, 2015
Well there goes my dream of ever seeing a trio card 😢

I voted no, twice the amount of credits would be around 3.12 credits for me. It would have to be a spectacular show with my 2 favorite girls for me to consider buying it. I had no idea duo cards were so much more expensive to make. But now that you brought up all the hidden costs, its probably best to cease production of duos. Lots of people seem content with just a single girl staring at them. The era of the duos is over.

RIP duos 😭
@}-->---->---
Starbuck19520
Joined in Jun 2013

8 post(s)
July 24, 2015
I don't post a lot, but in this case I must say that I always prefer duos in deskbabes and now I miss the duos cards and I'm ready to pay twice price for them if the shows are good (that was not always the case unfortunatly...), because at this moment, without duos cards, Deskbabes is loosing all interest for me... I must precise i've all the VG & Deskbabe Collections...
Maybe adding them a few things, and some more bonus not costing you a lot but adding a plu-value to them for us is the way to go...

P.S sorry for my bad english, i'm french...

In French:

Je post pas beaucoup, mais la je me devais de dire que j'ai toujours préféré les duos dans Deskbabes et maintenant les cartes Duos me manquent et je suis prêt à payer le double du prix actuel si les shows sont bons (ce qui n'a pas toujours été le cas malheureusement...) parce que pour le moment sans les cartes Duos, Deskbabes perds tout son intérêt pour moi... Je tiens à préciser que j'ai toutes les collections VG & Deskbabes...
Peut-être qu'ajouter quelques petits trucs en plus, et plus de bonus qui ne vous donneraient guère plus de frais mais ajouteraient une plu-value aux shows pour nous les acheteurs seraient le chemin à suivre...
15qigydu
Joined in Jan 2008

73 post(s)
July 24, 2015
I would pay more for the right girls definitely.
VagueAbond
Joined in Jan 2014

49 post(s)
July 24, 2015
I'd pay double gladly if the quality of the current deskbabes girls was maintained. (And yes, I'd pay triple for a trio if it was something like Viola, Ava Delush and Henessy - but I also might not ever be able to leave my house)

;)
PapaJango
Joined in Apr 2011

10 post(s)
July 24, 2015 (edited)
i think, this is a misstake. if i want solo, id buy vg cards. and the next thing is the sound quality of db cards, u never know, what u get. db cards costs more then vg cards. maybee ur selling less, because its expensive right now. u can watch lesbian porns all the day for free.... thats the point. vg is great, because its not hardcore. and harcore is for free. im used to it. u will sell less, if it cost more.

improve the sound quality and the preformance of the girls. maybe u should produce less duo cards in the future, like something "special". or u sell the weared panties or something to get more money. for db cards, i wouldnt pay more.
fallen0ne
Joined in Sep 2007

157 post(s)
July 24, 2015
Hello Richard.

I would only pay twice or more for duo cards if both girls were part of my favorite girls list such as:
  • Viola
  • Lucy Li
  • Anissa Kate
... if that were the case, I would not hesitate to pay double or more for these Duo cards.

I would however not pay that much for the majority of duo cards.
horatio14
Joined in Oct 2009

15 post(s)
July 24, 2015
Like Bad4Good I don't quite understand the doulbled cost argument. That said, I find most Duo cards to be pretty predictable and usually prefer the Solos, so it would take a very special performance, an extended preview, and two very special performers to persuade me to pay significantly more for a Duo card than for a Solo.
Alkasyn
Joined in Apr 2008

716 post(s)
July 24, 2015
I am in the same boat as some - I loved Tracy Smile's first cards, bought them instantly.

I lost interest after her 3rd Deskbabe solo. I mean, there's only a couple of ways she can play with herself and with the dildo, and in Deskbabes the outfits disappear so fast that they're not really a factor.

I won't be buying more than 2 Deskbabe solos of a girl unless I love her particularly - Viola or Lucy Li.

I would buy the duos, though. My problem with duos was that very often, one of the girls would be super attractive to me, and the other not at all - that was the case with many of Nikita Belluci's cards. I bought many of them anyway, though, butregretted buying some afterwards.

Some, I greatly enjoyed - like all of the Viola ones, for example.

It's just a tricky thing to find two girls that will be attractive at the same time to the same customer. Casting 2 similar girls won't help, either, as sometiems it's the opposites that attract.

I think that raising the price on duos would be acceptable if we got more girls Like Lucy Li or Viola together, instea of an attractive/less attractive pairings,
Ram8113
Joined in Mar 2009

5 post(s)
July 24, 2015
Doubles aren't something I'm not interested in, they're just something I'm less likely to buy because im less likely to be into both girls. My biggest concern with DB right now is the lack of anal.
WmMBeck
Joined in Jan 2010

10 post(s)
July 24, 2015
I perfer the solo cards. However, I also perfer Virtual Girl. I own lots of each. I for one would pay premium for duo, if it was a match I wanted.
ShadowSea
Joined in Jan 2014

149 post(s)
July 25, 2015
I'd really like it, if you'de make something special out of it. Like releasing cards with more than one girl on rare occassions like holiday, Totem's/VG's Birthday etc. This would add a special something to the site.
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
July 25, 2015

Rex http://www.virtuagirl.eu/userProfile.php?usLogin=TotemRex24 - 9 hour(s) ago A little bird told me the crew has been working on releasing a DB card with 4 girls on the summer theme next week...

Have you guys seen the other thread, 'Incoming Cards (Spoiler Alert)' ???

Check it out ;)

Sabahnur
Joined in May 2012

33 post(s)
July 25, 2015
I Like Solo DB cards, Not really a fan of the Duo cards unless it was two I like, then maybe, but not for twice the price.
Raziel2k
Joined in May 2009

9 post(s)
July 25, 2015 (edited)
Hmm, Duo Cards are great. Maybe you should just go the middle way and stick mostly to single cards for the production costs and add 1 or 2 Duo cards from time to time for a higher price.
The problem i can see at the moment is that there isn t enough variety now, which could lead to loosing custumers.
Maybe another way would be to bring in more variety to the single cards (though i wouldn t know a concret way right now to do that).
cladstrife69
Joined in Nov 2009

13 post(s)
July 27, 2015
I don't post a lot, but in this case I must say that I always prefer duos in deskbabes and now I miss the duos cards and I'm ready to pay twice price for them if the shows are good (that was not always the case unfortunatly...), because at this moment, without duos cards, Deskbabes is loosing all interest for me... I must precise i've all the VG & Deskbabe Collections...
Maybe adding them a few things, and some more bonus not costing you a lot but adding a plu-value to them for us is the way to go...

P.S sorry for my bad english, i'm french...

In French:

Je post pas beaucoup, mais la je me devais de dire que j'ai toujours préféré les duos dans Deskbabes et maintenant les cartes Duos me manquent et je suis prêt à payer le double du prix actuel si les shows sont bons (ce qui n'a pas toujours été le cas malheureusement...) parce que pour le moment sans les cartes Duos, Deskbabes perds tout son intérêt pour moi... Je tiens à préciser que j'ai toutes les collections VG & Deskbabes...Peut-être qu'ajouter quelques petits trucs en plus, et plus de bonus qui ne vous donneraient guère plus de frais mais ajouteraient une plu-value aux shows pour nous les acheteurs seraient le chemin à suivre...
Totalement d'accord avec lui. J'ai voté oui car je trouve que c'est un manque dans DB. Après il faut que les duos valent le coup c'est évident. Donc oui si la qualité suit.
Meidengroep
Joined in Mar 2014

7 post(s)
July 27, 2015
I find most duo cards to be kind of dull, so this change wouldn't affect me much.
scabbard
Joined in Dec 2008

32 post(s)
July 28, 2015
This isn't a yes/no question for me. Duos where the girls are particularly interactive with one another, or that have a unique theme, or where the girls' personalities shine could very well be worth double to me. Those that are two girls that are not very interested in each other or are striving to be "hard" rather than sexy/attractive/fun are not worth even the usual price for me.
  • Scabbard

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !