Using VR Headset to watch regular 2D shows  

Forum / Everything about iStripper

Apasas
Joined in Aug 2009

1051 post(s)
December 30, 2021
I have an Oculus Quest 2 and am interested in ways to watch the 2D shows with it.

I have read some posts other other members (like @vortim) have used their headset to watch the 2D shows using the apps available on the headset.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the options are. I have Skybox and Virtual Desktop and I have watched some of the cards by just viewing the desktop through Virtual desktop. But I was wondering if there was a better way to watch the 2D cards.

Any suggestions on apps and set-up would be welcome. Thanks.
mkst
Joined in Dec 2009

75 post(s)
December 30, 2021
I use Virtual Desktop to view the 2D shows. My preference is to use the user submitted scenes with Virtual Desktop black background. One option is to view while laying down, using Virtual Desktop controls above the scene to reposition the screen. I also disable the Quest 2 guardian, so that isn't bothering me - just exercise caution that you don't have that protection. And I use noise cancelling ear buds. This all gives the feeling of being in the same room as the girls, without other distractions.

If you are feeling more adventurous, Wyldanimal submitted a Side-by-Side desktop scene that could be used as an example to modify other scenes to be SBS VR. I can't find it right now, it's probably buried in the "Share your FullScreen - Member Created Scenes here" thread. Maybe there are others, but I don't think many. I haven't personally tried doing this mod myself.
https://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/29408/1
Everything about iStripper / Share your FullScreen - Member Created Scenes here
This thread will be Strictly for the member created Scenes for Full Screen and the Screen Saver. list of shared Scenes Thread https://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/42492/1?post=626142 Scene Discussio...
Vortim
Joined in Apr 2019

220 post(s)
December 31, 2021
basically what was said. You can use either program you have to view... I like using just a solid black background, because it really just shines and outlines the models better, but that is me... you can adjust just about every feature with the programs like size of the girl on the screen, angle, kinda like seeing them strip on a large imax screen sort of... try playing with the settings to see what you like and enjoy them... i find its the only way to watch 2d cards... i cant tell you the last time i just had them on my PC screen like normal....
'
Enjoy
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
December 31, 2021 (edited)
If you are feeling more adventurous, Wyldanimal submitted a Side-by-Side desktop scene that could be used as an example to modify other scenes to be SBS VR.

If you are feeling even more adventurous look out for @Z22 's shader that converts the playback of a clip to a SBS pair. This shader interprets variations in the brightness over the image as being due to their distance from the camera, uses that to create a 3D model of the performer and renders that as if viewed from two slightly different positions to create a SBS pair.

It's very effective.

It would nice if Totem could provide something similar as "standard" shader for fullscreen scene use - or even as an option for the desktop.
TeflonChicken
Joined in May 2019

5 post(s)
December 31, 2021
I use Bigscreen, a free steam store app. I've looked at Skybox and Virtual Desktop but not tried them.
Apasas
Joined in Aug 2009

1051 post(s)
May 8, 2022
I tried watching the shows using Virtual Desktop and it works quite well. I still think that it's best to watch it without VR on a big TV if that option us available. But VR is definitely a good option if you can't watch it on a big screen where you are.

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !