Age Verification
This website contains age-restricted material including nudity and explicit content. By entering, you confirm being at least 18 years old or the age of majority in the jurisdiction you are accessing the website from.
I am 18+ or older - Enter
I am under 18 - Exit
Our parental controls page explains how you can easily block access to this site.

Discussions for Scenes for Version 1.2.X Fullscreen Mode here

Forum / Alles über iStripper

TheEmu
Mitglied seit in Jul 2012

3309 Beiträge
31. July 2015
@EverthangForever

I have been unable to think of a way to randomise the function id for the complex number shader. It would be easy enough to code up simle pseudo-random number generator for the ids, but it would always generate the same random sequence of ids which is not much better than just using 1, 2, 3, 4... I need to be able to get a varying "seed" such as the time of day, but I can see no way to do this,

Regarding the data pannels. I was aware that the data is fixed to the image in the way you describe, which is why I did not enable this option for any of the tunnel scenes using the complex number shader. I have been looking at the GLSL manual and it seems that there might be a way have the pannels generated by a separate shader which can then be used to add a static overlay to the final background. As yet I do not know if this approach will work, but if it does I will try to make something available next week.
EverthangForever
Mitglied seit in Oct 2009

2432 Beiträge
31. July 2015 (edited)
@theEmu, thanks for your efforts with this.
I've been trying to get your panel to run on other shaders for eg: in the GlSlSandbox e#22678.2 mods, in order to show funcA, funcB uniform ints as realtime readouts with no success. Shader won't compile because debug invariably reports C7011: implicit cast from "int" to "float" &/or implicit cast from "float" to "int"...& it keeps insisting C7551: OpenGL first class arrays require #version 120 even though I am using version 4.4 of Open GL according to the Openglex viewer.
In the #e#22678.2 shader, I've tried using..
void main (); version 120;
and
genIType floatBitsToInt( genType 0);
int currentFuncIdA = int (funcA);
..argh.. still no joy !!:-(
I even tried to concatenate** 3 numerical images at logo: node in the SCN. Sadly, only one image allowed there :-(, same thing with splash sceeen. I think its time for Totem to step up to the plate and give us a hotkey for displaying uniforms or even just allow us a way to use logo & spalsh nodes better** to assist debugging without leaving fullscreen. One can't see subtle progessive differences in detail one might want to make, on that tiny sceen, and going in and out when you have heaps of variations to test artistically is a ***** ;-(
TheEmu
Mitglied seit in Jul 2012

3309 Beiträge
31. July 2015
@EverthangForever

If you can send me an example of one of your attempts to use the panel stuff I will look at it and give you some feed back next week. I also get lots of messages about implicit conversions and GLSL versions but they are only warnings, but because of the small size of the log area in the fullscreen tab they are typically all you see there.

To see everything you need to look at the vghd.log file in your VGHD data folder. The easiest way to get there is by clicking on the Open Scenes Folder button and then going up one folder. Because the log file keeps growing I often delete it, run a scene and then look at the file which then just has the messages relevent to the single run. I do this by having a Notepad++ instance dedicated to the log file so I can do the deletion and examination from one place.
EverthangForever

2432 Beiträge
31. July 2015 (edited)
@TheEmu, thanks..I was thinking about your proposal to get an extra (framebuffered ?) shader to do the panel...( universal display of real time uniforms is my main hope. )..it appears the shader is inclined to not compile when it sees the script as attemting to produce an array of an array. Anyhow sure, I''ll edit this, to post the unsuccessful example I'm working on with the code blend. Thanks lots ;-)

scenes.virtuastripper.net/Unknown_glslsandbox22678_2DispModified.zip

@Emu, if you hold&***** your cursor well down below Totem's debug-error box before releasing it, and use edit-copy on the red highlighted text...i've found it will paste into notepad most of what's not showing below the box;-)

Edit: 9thAug Many many Thanks to @TheEmu for retweaking the above attempt to make it work. Link is at the 'Nest'.😎❤️ www.TheEmusNest.eu

Unknown e#22678.2 - DispModified.fsh.zip http://www.theemusnest.eu/scenes/Unknown%20-%20e%2322678.2%20-%20DispModified.fsh.zip

edit: if anyone has had luck, modding shadertoy..Beautypi's CrossStructure fragment shader 4llSzN# for VGHD I'd be pleased to know..I'm stuck with compile probs and yet only 3 syntax errors...argh !#@!
Same goes for http://glslsandbox.com/e#26986.0. Modding a la @TheEmu's conversion methods gets me no errors but like a lot of sandbox hacks...shader is just whited-out blank..😭 sigh !

MikeDreams
Mitglied seit in Jul 2009

26 Beiträge
13. August 2015
Thanks a lot for all the new wild hot stuff.

Some scenes lag because I guess they are too intensely busy for my poor computer to handle, so I just unclick those folders till I can has more enough power someday maybe... Cheers!
EverthangForever

2432 Beiträge
13. August 2015
Hi @mikedreams thanks as always for giving encouragement to the scene authors.
Makes it all worthwhile if one hears it adds enjoyment to someone's VG experience.
& when peeps do upgrade their GPUs, there will be lots of new works all ready for them to enjoy.😄
Number6
Mitglied seit in Oct 2010

1135 Beiträge
14. August 2015 (edited)
I have just uploaded some scenes as can be seen in

http://www.virtuagirl.eu/forumPost.php
?foId=3&ftId=29408&storageRemovePostItem=1&gotolastpage=1#post478149
http://www.virtuagirl.eu/forumPost.php?foId=3&ftId=29408&storageRemovePostItem=1&gotolastpage=1#post478149
Alles über iStripper / Share your FullScreen - Member Created Scenes here
This thread will be Strictly for the member created Scenes for Full Screen and the Screen Saver. list of shared Scenes Thread https://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/42492/1?post=626142 Scene Discussio...
I wanted to give a bit of explanation on problems I encountered in the hope they may be of some help.

Apologies if this gets a litltle rambling - its Friday night and I'm having a drink :-).

The first three abstract shaders in my new scenes are good examples of @mikedreams problems of the screens lagging because the graphics card is not powerful enough to keep up with the complexity of the shader. Quite often the shader will have a function which is repeated a number of times in a loop in order to produce fine detail in the shader. This is an also known as an iterative function. On lower end graphics cards like mine, the GPU cannot execute the number of iterations quickly enough and consequently the shader and the video can start to stutter.

What I did was to reduce the number of iterations by editing the shader itself. I kept reducing them in small increments until I got to the point where the shader would run without stuttering on my graphics card. The problem here is that the shader loses detail when you do this. The first three shaders I think illustrate this quite well.

The intersecting discs shader (the first one) I only had to do a small reduction in the number of iterations and to my eye there is very little lost in the shader detail.

The second one (The Road to Hell) is an example of the other extreme. The iterative loop in this one was set at 96 and I had to reduce it to 32 to get it to work on my machine. I did like the shader though and thought it looked slighly more "menacing" with the reduced detail. If you have a high end graphics card try putting the iterations back up to 96 and you can see how much detail has been lost.

The third shader is an example of an intermediate result. There is an obvious loss of detail but IMHO this is not sufficient to detract greatly from overall impact of the shader. This is the one that @EverthangForever and @TheEmu have been playing around with recently. I apologise for posting it again - I was going to take it out but I thought it may actually be helpful to leave it in as an example.

The other problem I had with some of the shaders was that they were flat and in some cases (Infinite Sierpinski and Glowing Things) a bit boring. Also (I have not posted any of these yet) some of the more psychedelic ones can be a bit bright/glaring.

To get away from the flatness I tried putting in a slightly larger shadow behind the clip to give an impression of depth but this only had a limited effect . The next thing I tried was to overlay another shader over the top. For the intial experiments I used a modified version of the Totem Perforations shader. Again with the more psychedlic/glaring shaders (still a work on progress) this had the effect of redcuing the brightness but still giving the psycheclic effect. I also found it worked with some of the abstract shaders and you can judge this for yourselves.

The problem of the flatness still remained then @TheEmu and @EverthangForever started to experiment with using shaders in tunnels. So the next step was to turn the more boring shaders into tunnels. This to my mind is a "no brainer". Again you can judge for yourselves.

Then @TheEmu introduced transmats and @EverthyangForever started to experiment with them so I had a "what if" moment and overlaid the tunnel scenes with a tunnel of the Totem Perforations shader. IMHO this worked great in some cases.

I thought all was well and I would upload what I'd worked on for months then I found The Pulse shader uploaded by @TheEmu. I modified this slightly and I think I hit a "beat" frequency for osme of the heavy rock/blues msuic of my youth. So I started to overlay this on some of the previous stuff I had done.
Number6

1135 Beiträge
14. August 2015
Applogies - the last few lines of the above were cut off although the character count said it was below 4000.

A couple of days ago I realised that I will probably be playing forever with these so I made a conscious decision to post what I'd got so far and work on the psychedlic ones a bit more and post them at a later date.

Hope the above is of help and apologies to anyone that doesn't like psychedlic stuff. Unfortunately, being a ***** in the late 60's early 70's means that I grew up with this stuff.

As always - enjoy the scenes and feel free to use wherever you want.
Number6

1135 Beiträge
15. August 2015
@EverthangForever

I have a problem with the second tunnel that you recently posted.e#27109_0. Iam not sure if it is something weird in my graphics card (or even the spawn of Satan called Windows 10)

If you remember, when @TheEmu first published his tunnel shader and we were only getting the upper right hand quadrant. This is similar - see attached screenshot. The tunnel expands and contracts but only in the top half of the screen.

Any ideas?

The other tunnel you posted works fine.
EverthangForever

2432 Beiträge
15. August 2015 (edited)
Hi, absolutely amazing your new work @Number6..love it.the sense of space and smooth lighting dynamics superb now !!!! I particularly like the carosel adaptation with the transition of girls to 'NeighborPixelLessThan' state and some of the mesh scenes blow me away..awsome. Truely you have mastered lighting so it works like a sound reactive with the right tracks. Uber Schmik result :-)
Re the above quarter tunnel problem..the quad used ie: transparency.png in the ETImages folder is native size 1920 x 1080.
In the SCN this is resized down to 1600 x 900 in Surface_Texture sprite node. (as above...no particular reason for this but it was probably a legacy size from some old 2D camera scene script & worked ok in my rig at the time :-/

Try enlarging the spec size in yours for Surface_Texture in the SCN code (above pic) from 1600 x 900 to something higher, until it fits your screen. Failing that, play with the pos: so x more negative, y more positive for Surface_Texture. I tend to set the camera back a lot in scenes to square things up while working. Maybe cam size settings in 3D camera mode require a depth (z axis) stipulation as well or things get off-center via perspective changes.. If any of above works then pls let me know so I can update the archive zip for folks. Thanks lots for the feedback.:-).

My original file name to look for that tunnel SCN is
ELECTRICAveNew - UniMod02ET = Tunnels_AnotherTunnel_glslsandboxdotcom_e#27109_0.scn
Number6

1135 Beiträge
16. August 2015
@EverthangForever - thanks for your kind comments on the new scenes.

I have tried various things with your tunnel shader I am having problems with, to no avail. I think this is something wierd with my graphics card and/or the maths within the shader.

If I go on the GLS Sandbox website and view the shader it looks fine. I have tried re-creating the shader in the same way you did and I still get the same problem. I think it lies somewhere within the shader but why it should work on NVIDIA cards and not AMD cards I do not know.

It would be useful to have feedback from other users to see if they have had a similar problem.

40+ years ago I could probably have sorted out the maths within the shader without a problem. Unfortunately in 40+ years you also forget a lot and the maths in the shader is possibly beyond me now, unless I put a lot of work into it.

My mind says for one scene is it worth the effort - my heart says you are a lazy bastard go find the answer :-)
EverthangForever

2432 Beiträge
16. August 2015 (edited)
Shucks...It could be a syntax thing... What if you try the word quad instead of sprite at line 19.
and..If you step back a little ...say...
14 camera {
15 type: 3D
16 pos: 0, 0, 2000
can you see the whole quad panel then ?

EDIT: you might have to put some color on the transparent quad first..like..

Quad {
source: Surface_Texture
size: 1600, 900
color: 0.2, 0.8, 0.2 😊
pos: 0, 0, 0
hotspot: 0.5, 0.5
resolution: 15
shader: fragment,Shaders/AnotherTunnel_glslsandboxdotcom_e#27109_0.fsh
}

also in the compatible version fsh, the only problem I found was the code from the sandbox website needs constant PI declared (added) at the code start in order to work in VGHDPlayer
eg: const float PI = 3.1415926535897932384626433832795;

Number6

1135 Beiträge
16. August 2015 (edited)
@EverthangForever

I have a 2D Camera Scene set up for testing shaders. This works with almost all shaders provided they will work on my GPU. I use it for all @TheEmus and your shaders (plus any I may download) to try them out on a very basic set up.

I have tried putting your shader into this and I get the same problem which leads me to believe it is a problem with the AMD graphics card/shader interpretation.

I am definitely only getting only the first quadrant of the tunnel if you look closely at the original screen cap I posted (I hadn't noticed this until I looked closely). It looks like the shader isn't wrapping the full 360°.

@HombreSinSombra has been reporting some problems with his NVIDIA set up on fullscreen since the driver update for Windows 10. I have had a similar update for the AMD drivers in Windows 10.

I am starting to think it is a spawn of Satan problem.
EverthangForever

2432 Beiträge
16. August 2015 (edited)
OMG thats why I held off upgrading Windows...because of the shaders ( and I ***** their nagware in the taskbar).
I think you are probably correct.. however you can see only the bit where the shader's mounting quad is in any system. It still looks like the shader is all there ...just its quad is not aligned...I say this because on my rig, the vortex of this shader running moves from left to right and back again continuously. Its hard to say from your caps whether that is happening in the part you can see...if by moment of capture it could look like the whole shader portion with its vortex projection is being moved left....hmmm which would appear to support your idea inspite of whats happening. Can you colour and make opaque the transparency sprite and tell me if it fills the screen ?
Where is our flightless bird I wonder ?
Number6

1135 Beiträge
16. August 2015 (edited)
@EverthangForever

Tried specifying dome6b.png from your images directory as the texture. Exactly the same as the screen caps - background black for the whole scene except for the upper right hand quadrant expanding and contracting as per the original screenshot.

Also set the texture to look only in the images folder without specifying a particular texture (i.e. pick a random texture from the folder) with same result - black background except for the upper right quadrant.

Having been out for a lot of drinks and a Thai meal I am having difficullty with English let alone screen and shader protocols :-) Any further testing is going to have to wait until I have slept and sobered up a bit. Thanks for your efforts and assistance.
EverthangForever

2432 Beiträge
16. August 2015
No worries sleep well my friend. Scared me off going Win10 though ...thats for sure...lol 😉
Number6

1135 Beiträge
16. August 2015
@EverthangForever

Sorry forgot to add the fact that I originally said the quadrant is expanding and contracting. This is incorrect. What would be the tunnel centre is moving left to to right and back again - it just gives the appearance of expansion and contraction. This also ties in with what I remember of the shader on GSL Sandbox. - Goodnight for now :-)
EverthangForever

2432 Beiträge
17. August 2015
@Number6
I had to try your adaptation of 'TheRoadTo Hell_No.6.fsh' with const int ray_n=96;
Good GOD... the WHOLE thing lights up... its Amazing !!!!
EverthangForever

2432 Beiträge
19. August 2015 (edited)
@Lezardo, @Wyld, @TheEmu, @yidnincrete, @HSS, @No.6, @Dentrassy, others..scene makers UNITE .!
We need to vigorously lobby Totem to want to fix the legs reflection problem in the next issue. I don't see why Totem can't provide a bottom-up % or pixels range setting for a transparency 'mask' for the clipsprite node when we do reflections. We only need to use this option occasionally, but its very important..Its also impossible for us to apply our own masks effectively in shader rendered backgrounds (see above pic).

Unlike the width of the models render quad, the animation render canvas depth remains fixed throughout each clip, so this should not be rocket science to fix please as a Uniform OPTION for us for the coding of reflection clipsprites only.

Maybe then we can get more fronttable clips instead of the plethora of models emerging out of the ground..which is not much fun for floorwork (I quite dislike the term 'taskbar clip', ..its outdated & illogical to scenemakers).
A call to action guys. This needs fixing !!!
Number6

1135 Beiträge
19. August 2015 (edited)
@EverthangForever

Regarding the above - I stoppped using reflections for table scenes a long time ago for exactly the above reason.

Regarding your two new scenes - I am really struggling with these. My graphics card really does not like the BoyC The Cave shader. It doesn't seem to matter what I do the shader stutters. I've slowed it down even more and reduced the iteration value from 75 to 5 and it still stutters. Of course with the iterations reduced to 5 there is so much detail lost it becomes meaningless anyway.

I am not sure why this one is such a problem. The Ice Cave shader that you used in your Fractal Garden 16 scenes is similar to the BoyC one (without the shadows) and it works flawlessly on my machine as does Unknown - e#25474.1 posted by @TheEmu although that one does not use textures. In fact I've got that working in tunnels and with overlays as per the scenes I did recently.

I'll have another go at it over the weekend but I am not holding out much hope.
EverthangForever

2432 Beiträge
20. August 2015 (edited)
sitting pic shows what happens when you stroke out the "//track back to get better resolution" part in the shader code.. not recommended, but tweek..you can **

@Number6 thanks for the support re reflections. However drat!~!..that Cave shader I was dearly hoping, would cut down on the GPU load because it has so much shadow..
Not to worry..our short-winged friend no doubt can/will throw some more light on this ..said he might be away for couple of weeks during last visit, and I'll be gone next week so won't know if there is a solution... I know the Cave does two passes (on the same thread?) ~one to render (above pic), and another pass to fill each alternate 'slice' of the scene where there is no produced graphic and its this progression within the main (void) and how it's handled which could be the problem. but TheCave they say on the shadertoy website is based on old-school programming & like you, I'm tweaking around the edges just to see what it does, more than acheiving any further outcomes atm. Awaiting more ideas ;-)

**Edit: Well there are outcomes a plenty once you stroke-out the const float ShadowIT=15.0 line and the rest of..//shadow calc below
//for (float x=1.0; x<ShadowIT; x++)
// if (Dist2D(Pos+ld*(x/ShadowIT))<threshold)
// {
// lv=0.0;
// break;
// }

I'm really happy with outcome now Unfortunately the rest I've done since, probably demands uber GPU
float fade=32.0; // increased to 32.0 from 0.0 this makes everythng smoother ~ET
const float numit=128.0; //raymarch precision. better detail throughout.~ET
const float threshold=1.20; //defines the thickness of tunnels
const float scale=2.0; //
The ***** blobby shadows are gone & the route lights up everywhere.
New paths by uncommenting & tweeking the below ~ETc
lp=Position3D(time+0.2,lighta,lightb,lightc,lightd);
the more one tweeks, the better is possible, depends on GPU ofc.

First RULE of Tweeking:..... Copy & Rename the shader
Second RULE of Tweeking..... Copy and Rename the Scene file
Third RULE ....THEN.. Tweek away on these new copies ONLY

HombreSinSombra

1249 Beiträge
20. August 2015 (edited)
@ET: Downloaded your latest BoyC shader scenes. Thank you :)

As with No.6, on my GTX650, this stutters a little even with iterations at 10 :( I'll play around some more to see if I can find out why...

Edit: The problems I had with Windows 10 were not related to the updated driver. The driver actually works fine. I said the clipNameSprites were no longer playing correctly but then I found that somehow, the timer for displaying the names had changed from Always to every 15 mins! No idea how that happened :/
And yes, I ***** Windows 10! It's ***** :D The latest Nvidia driver is 355.60 :)

Re: The leg reflections. I hadn't come across this till now but after some playing around with one of your new scenes, I found that if you flatten the reflection on the 'Y' axis, the problem just about disappears.

scale: -1.0, -0.1, 1.0

Yes, at this '0.1' setting, the reflection is quite flat but imho, still looks fairly natural. Try it yourself and let us know what you think :)

And just to re-iterate your advice for everyone:

First RULE of Tweeking:..... Copy & Rename the shader
Second RULE of Tweeking..... Copy and Rename the Scene file
Third RULE ....THEN.. Tweek away on these new copies ONLY
EverthangForever

2432 Beiträge
20. August 2015 (edited)
Hey @HSS glad to see you back in the saddle here. sure..making the refections shorter or rotating a touch on x axis makes a whole lot of sense here, seeing as there is so little model reflection needed on this surface, and even that reflection is vagued out enough by the blue flecks for this idea to work admirably. Maybe even fiddle about with a sittingheight on reflections as well..I'll do it, and update the zip or someone else might like to have a go at modding this while I'm away. Go for it ~ I say !. Always great when the lateral thinkers arrive here. Gracias mucho!!!

edit: there's lots of room for improvement in BoyC's shader. Lighting is all wrong, it renders the sampler2D at strange angles in places, I want @TheEmu to have a go at turning those last maverick shadows maybe into more glowing balls or butterflies etc 😄 etc.
HombreSinSombra

1249 Beiträge
21. August 2015
YW, buddy.

I wouldn't bother with reducing the sittingHeight on the reflections. I tried that first and all you get is a shrunken reflection that doesn't match the movements of the model. I don't think it looks natural :)

However, by all means play around with this kind of stuff. It might just show up a new trick that works in a scene ;)

MikeDreams
Mitglied seit in Jul 2009

26 Beiträge
21. August 2015 (edited)
You're on to Page 5! Congratulations. Made my day.

What a week! Thanks so much EF and N6 (w/ TE & Lp). Some of your best stuff ever.

The only things that were too "laggy" for my computer to handle were from The Cave (all) and GrlsSandbox (5 - 8 only) -- a total of 10 scenes, that I disabled. But that means 35 new scenes now added. Nice.

Keep up the amazing. What a friggin trip.
Number6

1135 Beiträge
21. August 2015
@MikeDreams

Thanks for your comments.

It is a shame about that "cave" shader of @EverthangForever&#039;s. It is a nice shader but, like you, it is just too much for my machine. Someday I'll be able to afford a graphics card that'll play anything and, knowing my luck, Totem will then abandon fullscreen support. :-)

@HombreSinSombra

Hope you have more luck than I did with the "cave" shader. I even edited the bit of code that repeats the texture overlay and another area where there are a few iterations. Unfortunately, as I said earlier in an earlier post, everything I do just reduces the quality so much that it becomes pointless.
HombreSinSombra

1249 Beiträge
22. August 2015
@No.6: I'm not saying that I can fix this. It may be impossible for our GPU's to run this as well as ET's can :(

The thing that intrigued me was your statement about ET's Fractal Garden 16 being very similar to the Cave shader. They also aren't that far different, visually to the shader I used for my Magic Carpet Ride... That's got me thinking. Compare the code in these 3 shaders and look for what might affect the framerate speed. I'll dig into this tomorrow and see what comes up :)

@ET: I've been called many things in my time. But a lateral thinker? Thanks, buddy ;)
EverthangForever

2432 Beiträge
22. August 2015 (edited)
@Number6, I was holding back for sometime in deference to lower cards. Then i thought stuff it, I'll just keep going regardless for those gamers who upgraded their GPUs already. Occulus Virtual Reality breakout is just around the corner..Feb 2016 est..and Totem need all the help they can get NOW. Notwithstanding the Satan's spawn...my GXT 660ti (watercooled) @was $200 approx on Ebay more than 12 months ago. Go for it guys!! ;-))

@Hombre, HaHa false modesty will get you nowhere..come on ~you can transplant a new GPU now into a new rig later, no ?
HombreSinSombra

1249 Beiträge
22. August 2015
True... But that won't help the guys who are struggling with demanding shaders. There has to be a way to make these shaders run smoothly on lower-end machines.

We've seen some amazing shaders on Shadertoy for their mini competitions. Minimal code for awesome output. We just need to figure out a way to simplify the code...

I don't yet have enough knowledge but I can use trial and error techniques. Maybe this is not the most efficient way but with persistence, I usually get what I want :)
Number6

1135 Beiträge
22. August 2015
@HombreSinSombra

Apologies I wasn't trying to imply that you could fix this just wishing you luck in trying to do so.

I have tried a number of things - chances are you will try something different that may work. Also you have an NVIDIA card similar to (but not the same as EverthangForever). As you can see from my above posts I have an AMD card which has some problems with one of @Everthang Forever's shaders that no one ese appears to be having problems with, so my graphics card has some problems.

You may have a much better chance of fixing this than me, at least for NVIDIA users - hence the good luck wishes. I'd be more than happy to see this working.

Noch keine Teilnahmeberechtigung

Als ein Gratisnutzer von iStripper bist du nicht berechtigt Beiträge zu schreiben oder neue Topics zu starten.
Aber du hast Zugriff auf die grundlegenden Bereiche und kannst unsere Community kennen lernen