Age Verification
This website contains age-restricted material including nudity and explicit content. By entering, you confirm being at least 18 years old or the age of majority in the jurisdiction you are accessing the website from.
I am 18+ or older - Enter
I am under 18 - Exit
Our parental controls page explains how you can easily block access to this site.
DrDoom9
Joined in Dec 2008

224 post(s)
December 19, 2016
Can anyone suggest as to why download speeds are so abysmal in my case.
I have GB Ethernet and 150MB cable internet connection, but download spped are 15-50KB/sec, and they often halt and need restarting.
I also suspect that downloading from VG causes my router problems - it loses internet connection. I cannot prove this as it doesn't happen every time, but it only happens when I am downloading from VG.
(I do NOT have P2P checked - should I?)
stefnev1
Joined in Jul 2008

4553 post(s)
December 19, 2016
I'm on EU server in France, with a DSL connection and I download at 1.5 MB/sec with no halt. And I haven't P2P checked too.
stefnev1
Joined in Jul 2008

4553 post(s)
December 19, 2016
For me is the normal speed, I have no problem. Thanks @Manue.
DrDoom9
Joined in Dec 2008

224 post(s)
December 19, 2016
@Manue
Thanks for picking this up.
I have sent my vghd.log file to the actiondesk support as requested, along with one or two things I have done to improve matters - notably with my McAfee Firewall.
But I still think it is a bit slow. It might just be high volume of network traffic.
Manue
TEAM
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Joined in Nov 2014

1049 post(s)
December 20, 2016
@DrDoom9 Hi, I have forwarded your email to our developer.
DukeNukemANI
Joined in Jul 2012

5 post(s)
August 3
I'm having this same problem... I have a boradband connection and I'm only getting between 15KB/sec to 50KB/sec and the downloads completely halt to 0KB/sec and stay there for hours! I just bought 3 cards and I can't do anything with them! It's a good thing I only spent $5USD or I'd be Royally pi$$ed right now.
stefnev1
Joined in Jul 2008

4553 post(s)
August 3
@DukeNukemANI
As many others US users, you can try to use a VPN and chose France as the country set in it.
DukeNukemANI
Joined in Jul 2012

5 post(s)
August 4
I don't know how to do that. This only recently started happening. Why would my country have something to do with download speeds? That doesn't make any sense.
stefnev1
Joined in Jul 2008

4553 post(s)
August 4
@DukeNukemANI
Why would my country have something to do with download speeds?
I don't know but it's a fact. Many US users have this issue. French users like me have no issue with the download speed. So, try to use a VPN like the others US users.
DukeNukemANI
Joined in Jul 2012

5 post(s)
August 4
And how do I use one?
DukeNukemANI
Joined in Jul 2012

5 post(s)
August 4
Now I'm getting an error saying "Download *****!" and it starts all over again. 😢
stefnev1
Joined in Jul 2008

4553 post(s)
August 5
muttonjeff
Joined in Nov 2008

738 post(s)
August 5 (edited)
@DukeNukemANI
If you use Norton 360 as your Antivirus +, it has a built-in VPN you can enable.
You can select which country you want and Norton will provide a URL from that country
Example.. If you select France, every website you visit will think you are in France.
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3896 post(s)
vg4us
Joined in Dec 2008

113 post(s)
August 6
Using Norton VPN wityh France as your location works but what an awful workaround. Since when do users have to use a VPN just to download files? The underlying network issue should be addressed.
muttonjeff
Joined in Nov 2008

738 post(s)
August 6 (edited)
Using Norton VPN wityh France as your location works but what an awful workaround. Since when do users have to use a VPN just to download files? The underlying network issue should be addressed.

It's a good idea to use a VPN all the time , as it conceals your true IP address from wanton hackers.
I have it enabled and instantly switch countries to achieve the results I want. Like United Kingdom to access the BBC iPlayer which only works for users in the UK.

You don't have to use a VPN just to download files ..... you can simply accept whatever limitations you get.
As for underlying network issues... I think that would require more equipment (not a simple software update) ... who pays for that ?

At the end of the day ... use what works best for you.... or don't.
DukeNukemANI
Joined in Jul 2012

5 post(s)
August 7
We shouldn't need a VPN just to download something we paid for... The Dev teams need to find the source of the problem and fix it and not try to talk us into changing something on our end when it's clearly on the server end. We pay for these shows so we expect them to work and that's the bottom line.
Manue
TEAM
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Joined in Nov 2014

1049 post(s)
August 7
Hi guys, we are still investigating... Really sorry for any inconvenience caused. I will get back to you ASAP

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !